Veteran Affairs and Rehabilitation
DETACHMENT OF NEW YORK SONS OF THE AMERICAN LEGION
The goals of Detachment of New York VA&R Commission are as follows:
- Educate Members of the Detachment of New York the needs that our veterans from all conflicts both past and present need to make a successful transition to civilian life.
- Continue our volunteering at our New York State VA Medical Centers, New York State Veterans Homes and the Fisher House at the Stratton VA Medical Center.
- Assist Families of Veterans providing services such as transportation, family outings such as picnics at our Post Homes, host a fishing outing, organize a trip a local sporting event or community events.
- Have a Sons of The American Legion member be both a registered representative and deputy at all VA Medical Centers in New York State.
- Continue to support “Operation Comfort Warriors”.
- Assist our American Legion Family with projects to benefit the rehabilitation of our veterans.
- Achieve 100% reporting through the use of Squadron Consolidated Report.
We can make a difference to our Nations Heroes. This commission is here to help our members with any questions they may have with their Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation projects. Please always remember our Veterans are our Greatest Resource.
Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service Program
VA&R National Newsletter Spring 2015